Updated: 10/29/20 - 5:00 P.M.
Hello Cottonwood family,
Pastor Pat has an update he'd like to share with you regarding the Grand Forks City Council's recent resolution requiring face masks.
You can watch it here: YouTube
Updated: 5/13/2020 - 2:00 p.m.
Cottonwood's current plan is to open our building for corporate worship on May 17 at 10:30 a.m. We will continue to live stream our service for online worship.
After speaking with the Governor's office, consulting with local health guidelines and considering many other sources of input, including our congregational survey we plan to move forward and will implement the following guidelines and recommendations for our worship services:
- If you are sick or have been sick recently, we encourage you to worship with us online.
- If you are in an at-risk population (immune-compromised, elderly, etc.), we encourage you to worship with us online.
- We will have door-greeters wearing gloves, who will hold doors open for entrances and exits, so door handles won't have to be touched by the congregation.
- We have removed all materials from pews and won't use bulletins.
- We encourage you to maintain 6 feet of social distance between yourself and others not in your immediate household.
- We will mark off sections of our pews and have ushers present to seat people in household groups, ensuring that seating is 6 feet from the next person or household group.
- While we expect a lower attendance in our initial gatherings, we will monitor attendance and make additional plans to ensure we stay within the 50% of capacity guideline in the sanctuary.
- We are asking all those in attendance to consider this a "no personal contact event." (i.e. avoid hugging, handshakes, etc.)
- We encourage each person or family in attendance to make a personal decision about whether to wear a face mask or not.
- Ministries/Activities that are temporarily cancelled on site include: nursery, awesome arrows, King's kids, HeBrews coffee bar, as well as forgoing serving of coffee/cookies and fellowship meals.
- We have removed all tables and chairs from the fellowship hall and all the chairs from the foyer as additional measures to promote social distancing.
- We encourage you to regularly wash your hands, including in our facility, but will also have hand sanitizer available at various locations throughout our building.
- We encourage everyone to pursue unity and seek the Lord as we follow Him together in this time.
Updated: 3:27/2020 - 3:10 p.m.
We are in this together!
While Cottonwood Community Church has left the building, we still want to help you stay connected and growing.
Stay Connected during this time of Social Distancing:
- Worship Live Online with us! We hope to have the live video stream embedded right into our website when you click: HERE on Sunday.
- "Like" our Facebook page to get the latest updates.
- Join our Facebook "Cottonwood Members Group" for our members, attenders and friends to stay in touch with us and stay encouraged.
- Get on our email list. Are you receiving our email updates and encouragements? If not, please email the office and we will get you added to our email list!
Ministries & Resources for you:
- OUR HOME GROUPS are still meeting through Zoom and other means, stay connected with your group or get connected with one!
- CHILDREN'S MINISTRY RESOURCES: Our children's ministry team has been hard at work to supply you with tools to pursue Christ with your families. Check out Children's Ministry Coordinator, Ben Thigpen on Video,explaining the options.
- SHARING COMMUNION AT HOME, is a resource for sharing communion with your family or a small group (including the communion bread recipe) - it can also be found HERE.
- ONLINE GIVING options are outlined on the GIVE page.
- FOOD PANTRY is open for those who need food and those who would like to donate food on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays 6-7 p.m. (April 9, 23)
Please contact the office by phone, email, or text if you have questions, needs or ideas.
Posted: 3/19/2020 - 3:40 p.m.
An Update and Encouraging Message from Pastor Pat
We will be streaming our Sunday Morning Worship at 10:30 a.m. for the first time ever on Cottonwood's Facebook page...via Facebook LIVE!
Invite your friends to join us online!
Let us know that you've joined us in the comments section below the video.
Most of our small groups will plan to continue meeting this spring via the internet. Whether via Zoom (sign up for a free account here.)
Or Google Hangouts (you'll need to get a google account for this here.)
Or Skype or Facetime or Facebook Video chat via the messenger app.
Other ways to stay connected:
Use the Voxer app on your phone - leave and receive voice or video messages with groups or individuals who have the app.
Or try Marco Polo - a video messaging app with groups or friends.
Or call on the phone, send a text or write letters/cards to your friends and church family!
Ways we can help each other & our community!
We anticipate that we will have needs increase in our church family and in our community. We are beginning to compile requests and resources as well as to develop a way to help those in need in our church family and our community.
Please contact us by calling (701-772-4126) the church office or texting the church cell phone (701-610-3593) or via email ( if you have a need or a resource to offer.
Posted: 3/17/2020 – 1:05 p.m.
(Please check back here or on Facebook for future updates.)
Wednesday Evening Activities are cancelled until further notice.
We will NOT hold on site Sunday Morning Worship Services. Instead, we are planning to stream our Sunday Morning Worship services at 10:30 a.m. most likely through Facebook live.
The Men’s Prayer Breakfast, which was scheduled for this Saturday will also not be held on site, though considerations are being made to encourage men to gather in smaller groups to pray. More details to come via email.
We hope to send some guidance this week about how parents can help their children make progress in their Awana program, as well as other resources for helping parents to support and invest spiritually in their children and teens at home.
FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS & UPDATES
As we make changes to our ministries, schedules, and events in accordance with CDC health guidelines, updates will surely follow. Please check back on this page, Facebook (especially our member group) and via email. We are working hard to keep our communications as up to date and timely as possible!
March 14, 2020
Our apologies for inadvertently sending the previous message without the important update that is bold below…
Dear Cottonwood family,
These are crazy and uncertain times aren’t they?
As of now, we do not have any reports of positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Grand Forks. We are all aware, by now, that this could also change at any moment. In considering the best information we have now, we plan to continue our current worship schedule with some adjustments – including the cancelling of all our children’s ministries (no nursery, Awesome Arrows or Kings Kids) on Sunday.
We are working hard to track all developments of the Corona Virus carefully. We will do our best to keep our church family and friends informed of schedules to the best of our ability, should changes be required. Check Facebook, watch our church website, and check for Cottonwood emails for the most up to date notifications.
In a practical way to serve those around us, we encourage you to follow the guidelines being suggested by the CDC and everywhere. (i.e. hand washing, avoid shaking hands, etc.)
If you are an individual with a compromised immune system or have any symptoms of illness, please stay home at this time.
In order to be aware of one another’s needs and help us know how to pray for you, please let us know if you are ill. This is helpful all the time, but particularly during this time.
If you are a vulnerable individual, a senior adult or are ill and have basic needs, we would like to do our best to help connect you to places and people that can help. You can call the church office (701-772-4126) or text the church cell phone (701-610-3593). This is one of the beautiful times where we can live out Acts 2:42-47 and be the church for one another.
Finally, remember 2 Timothy 1:7, “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.” We serve the risen Savior, Who is sovereign over all and will lead us in love and wisdom through every circumstance we face.
Love in Christ,
Pastor Pat and Pastor Tom