February 19, 2017 | Bob Bartlett
Passage: 2 Corinthians 9:1-15
#9 – Something Greater
“A Foolproof Investment” 2Corinthians 9:1-15
A Foolproof Investment: “Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord”
4 Truths of Spiritual Investments
Vs 6: “Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.”
#1 Truth: Every dollar, every minute we spend is an i in something.
- 1Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast and immovable always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor in the Lord is never in vain.”
Vs 8-9: “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: “They have
freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”
#2 Truth: Every dollar, every minute invested in God’s work i a spiritual law.
- The spiritual law of reaping and sowing;
- Philippians 4:19 “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his gloryin Christ Jesus.”
Vs 10-11 “Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
#3 Truth: Every dollar, every minute invested in God’s work has i increase.
- Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, presseddown, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
- If I want more power…invest myself in prayer! More of anything… invest myself...
Vs 12-15: “This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else...
#4 Truth: Every dollar, every minute invested in God’s work i greater glory to God.
- John 15:8 “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”
- Your life is meant to showcase His glory! Philippians 2:15
“Investing in God’s work is the only foolproof investment that my life was well spent!”